Hexologic is a cool number logic game that is quiet, relaxing, thoughtful, and easy to get lost in. The surrounding art is calming and minimalist, and the logic puzzles are increasingly challenging.
Who Should Play:
Sometimes we need big games and big narratives, but other times we need smaller games of distraction that we can pick at throughout the day. Hexologic might work for a Gaming Circle, but it just as easily might be a game that you play on your own for a bit of escape. Those who have played a lot of Sudoku, in particular, will find it fun.
Made by: Developer: MythicOwl
Available on: Android, iOS, Linux, Mac OS, Microsoft, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One
Play time: 3+, depending on how much you want to play (60+ levels)
Questions for Hexologic:
- This game is pure puzzle. Do you find you miss the narrative wrapping when it’s not there?
- How does a game like Hexologic compare to more traditional pen-and-paper puzzles? Does the digital interface add anything to the experience?
- In what ways does the visual interface add to the experience?
- Did you listen to the soundtrack while playing? If so, in what ways did that add to your play experience?
General Gaming Circle Questions:
- What did and didn’t you like about the game?
- How much time did you spend playing? Did you play all at once or break up your time?
- Did you play during other activities, or dedicate time solely to playing?
- Did the game feel like a waste of time? A good use of time? Explain.
Links & Walkthroughs: