Dash Adventures, the latest in the Diner Dash franchise is a fast-paced, funny, and cute time management game. The player is Flo, the waitress, managing customers, which is more fun than you might think.
Who Should Play:
Dash Adventures is a great first time game if you are looking for a free-to-play entry point. While the game focuses on work, the in-game elements are a delightful mix of story and fast-paced puzzling. While you can play much of the game without making purchases, at a certain point purchasing small packages may become necessary to play well.
Made by: Publisher: Glu Mobile
Available on: Android, iOS
Price: Free-to-play (additional purchases can be made in the app)
Play time: open
Questions for Dash Adventures:
- Have you previously played any Diner Dash games or time management games? (A time management game is a game where you are managing customers in a span of time in order to make in-game money.) How does Dash Adventures compare?
- Games like Dash Adventures heavily lean on “work” as a kind of play. How do you distinguish between what you are doing in the game as play or work?
- Why is working in a game fun?
- How important was the narrative wrapping around each level? Did it enhance your play?
- Does the free-to-play style make it easier to try a new game? Do you like using F2P to try out new things? Or do you prefer to pay for a game upfront?
- In what ways was the game stressful? Was that stress different or enjoyable from everyday kinds of stress? Was it energizing?
General Gaming Circle Questions:
- What did and didn’t you like about the game?
- How much time did you spend playing? Did you play all at once or break up your time?
- Did you play during other activities, or dedicate time solely to playing?
- Did the game feel like a waste of time? A good use of time? Explain.
Links & Walkthroughs: